Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Legitimate Work From Home

The alarm goes off at 10:00 am.  I roll out of bed and make a bathroom stop.  10:15, I head to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. By 10:30 I am on the clock, still in my PJ's, and relaxing in my bedroom/office.  You can't beat that for a commute time! lol

I have been an employee for Alpine Acces/GE Money Bank since September 2007.  Truth be told, you couldn't pay me enough money to go back to a real office setting.  I have worked for plenty of big companies, with great benefits and decent pay.  Verizon Wireless, AT&T, State Farm, and my favorite Syracuse University Food Service (where I got all my management skills Thank You Very Much!)  But to be honest, I wish I would have found Alpine years ago.  Imagine how ticked off I was to learn that the same thing I did in the major call centers, I could have been doing from home. I added up how much I spent on gas ($30/week), dress clothes ($75/month), vending machines ($3/day), lunch ($10-15/day), pot lucks ($20/month) , and DAY CARE ($400/month).  OMG more then half of my income was gone before I even clocked in!

So here's the deal.  If you have a home phone, excellent communication skills, a clean background, and a computer, chances are you could be working from home too.  If you have a h.s. diploma, your good to go (I have a Masters and still refuse to work a corporate job LBVS!)  I did not pay any start up fees, although you may have to pay for a background check which is normal.  Your computer will need to have sufficient space on the hard drive.  You will need to be able to self train and self help.  If you are someone who needs to have coworkers around, and a manager for guidance, this job is not for you.  It can get pretty lonely sitting in you office/room by yourself day after day (yes i get cabin fever.)

The pay usually starts around $9 and up, some companies you could be making a good $16 and hour.  My employer offers schedules or jump on hours (jump on just means you work when you can).  I get direct deposit check every 2 weeks, and benefits just like I had with my old employers.  The hiring process is not quick, so be ready for 2wks of paper work, testing, and interviews.

www.alpineaccess.com is my employer's site.. and yes they are hiring RIGHT now.
www.liveops.com is another company where some of my peers work.
www.westathome.com is mostly tech and data entry.
www.newcorp.com does tech support as well.
www.teletech.com

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away,
Good luck with your job search!
Ladae

9 comments:

  1. thank you, just trying to put my people on to a better way of employment :) thanks for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to work from home,and sometimes I wish i was now, but all is well. I'm glad that you work from home, you get to be there for the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm simply curious about companies such as Alpine.

    My 40's years old daughter is desperatley seeking employment to support herself and 10 year old daughter.

    She does have a checkered past...non-violent and non-money related felony. It was actually a drug felony. Also has bad credit!

    She has now been clean for almost 3 yrs....but companies will not even take a resume with her past.

    Curious as to why her past would be a concern to a company that uses "work at home employees!

    I guess I'm not seeing something.

    Thanks,
    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing this Ladae!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the links. I'm going to have to look into these as supplemental income. Thanks for the freelance writing info as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. @ Bill working from home I have access to a lot of sensitive data.. bank records, credit scores, social security numbers.. that type of access can not be trusted to just anyone.. but i hope she finds something, everyone deserves a 2nd chance..

    ReplyDelete
  7. thank you so much for this sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is such a blessing thanks for sending me the link. Hugs and kisses*

    ReplyDelete